Sunday, July 13, 2014

HSF #13: Under $10

I just discovered the Historical Sew Fortnightly yesterday, and I immediately was sold on the idea. Then I noticed that the deadline was Monday. Yikes. But I actually made my bonnet in time! Hooray!



The Challenge: Under $10
Fabric:  Little Farmhouse C. 1870 by LB Krueger for Windham Fabrics.
Pattern: Self-drafted, based on Emma Timmins' bonnet on Lark Rise To Candleford.
Year: 1895-ish
Notions: Thread
How historically accurate is it? Very, I think, other than the fact that it is machine stitched. I have forgiven myself, however, because the deadline is tommorow, and I made it today.
Hours to complete: 3
First worn: Not yet, except for try-ons.
Total cost: $6.99 for fabric, plus maybe 50 cents for thread. $7.49.

I designed my bonnet based on Emma Timmins':


Visit the blog live to leave a comment!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)