Wednesday, January 20, 2016

• Blogging Again!! •

Long time no see!! ;) It has been a crazy month so far, to say the least.

First I got sick on Christmas day, and was sick for a full two weeks afterwards, then it decided to come back again about a week later. So I do have an excuse for shamefully neglecting my blog!! :) 

And the other excuse is all the sewing I've been up to! We're working on vacation outfits, three of which I have finished, and am working on the fourth. So to hold you over, here are a few sneak peeks of them!



First off is this comfortable blue 1940s dress, perfect for travelling in the car. And who doesn't love having to make only one buttonhole?! ;)


Next is this polka dot 1950s, commonly known as the "chocolate bonbon dress." This picture was taken before it was quite finished, but you get the general idea. I'm happy to have finally sewed up this fabric! :)


This third one is pretty much my pride and joy. A 1940s sundress and bolero that really meets all my expectations of it! :) I can't wait to pick seashells by the ocean in this!


And lastly is this rayon dress I'm currently working on. In this picture it's actually just pinned to Thelma Lou (no darts in the bodice, unfinished neckline....no back bodice.....you get the idea.) ;) But I am thrilled with how it's coming out, and how easy the fabric is to work with, unlike any other rayons I've dealt with thus far! 

Hopefully I'll have a "real" post up next week, but I had to update a bit so you didn't entirely forget about this blog! ;) Thanks for bearing with me!

See you next week!
Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. Oh my - gorgeous! I agree, the red one is divine, but I am also in love with the blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new dresses are beautiful!!! Sewing is a great way to get through these gray January days. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!! You are so right; sewing is the perfect answer to the gray days! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the blue dress. I am so sorry that you have been unwell - especially on Christmas Day - but I am glad that you are feeling better and it is good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtakingly beautiful creations. I especially love the sundress set and tropical print frock. Such perfect attire for a trip.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica!! :) I am looking forward to wearing them!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, what beauty! Your red sundress with matching bolero is gorgeous! I can see why it's your pride and joy :)

    Enjoy the remainder of your week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie! :) You have a lovely week as well!

      Delete
  6. Looking good, my friend! All those dresses will look even better with an ocean background... :) It was fun to get a bonus peek of your sewing room, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah A.! :) I agree...my sewing room IS spectacular(-ly messy), but the ocean may even top it in beauty.
      ;)

      Delete

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)